Insignificant Insights

Going into the first year of fulltime HIGH SCHOOL teaching-- the question becomes, 'what will happen?' My trials and tribulations are as follows...

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Power Trips of NIPs... (non-important people)

So I got my evaluation from the teacher I observed and assisted with in the field. She was none-too-kind and made me mental for about five minutes. Amazing who can get a teaching license in this state. The woman made two important spelling errors to her students. Now, it wouldn't be that big of a deal if the students were native English speakers...but when they are children learning English as a Second Language and she "corrected" the word as the child had it spelled on her paper "suplies" to "supllies" I couldn't, in good conscience, let the little girl leave thinking that was how to spell the word "supplies". Well the teacher got M-A-D at me for correcting her. And let me know it both verbally and now on this form. The funny thing was the second week I was observing her class, she spelled the word "argument" with an "e", but I didn't say anything. So it wasn't as if I hadn't heard her message the week before. So now I'm pissy and annoyed and am wondering if I really want to go through these hoops to get the k-12 license...
I wish my BF was home so I could curl up in his arms and just be...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>