Insignificant Insights

Going into the first year of fulltime HIGH SCHOOL teaching-- the question becomes, 'what will happen?' My trials and tribulations are as follows...

Monday, March 08, 2004

A springfilled Winter

Winter has decided to unleash her fury once more. Today as I was leaving my house to drive the hour plus commute (how I miss the usefulness of time spent on uncrowded trains) to school so I could teach, winter decided to visit MN again. We got the winter equivalent of a downpour....roughly 3 inches of thick, heavy, wet March snow. So odd that snow can have multiple textures, even split personalities... depending on when it falls. It can be light and fluffy with no substance. It can be heavy and wet. It can be soft and dry. It can be....

So I called the whole thing off. Phoned the secretary of the IEC and asked her to run upstairs and tell my students that I wouldn't be coming in for their lesson at 2 today due to the weather. Rescheduled the class for tomorrow at 3.30... Puts a damper on MY studying for a midterm, but hey--the students come first! So I came home to find an email from my friend Em. in Japan. Apparently I sound down (bummed? depressed? unhappy? miserable? some unknown adjective to describe my state of being??) on this here site. So I will try to infuse it with some levity.

But not today. Although it was so refreshing to hear that I would have been a better trainer for the company I worked for in Japan than the one who beat me out.. that made me smile--thanks Em!!

Today I must go write a chapter review. The grind of academia...at least it is mostly my opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>