Insignificant Insights

Going into the first year of fulltime HIGH SCHOOL teaching-- the question becomes, 'what will happen?' My trials and tribulations are as follows...

Thursday, March 11, 2004

Perhaps...

I will be moving after all. The BF recently wrote and let me know that he is REALLY enjoying the ice and was wondering if I'd be interested in doing next winter-over? After contemplating all day, weighing the pros and cons, trying to see and predict (HA!) all the potential pitfalls I wrote back.

Told him to get me the info. I think, at least based on how he wrote, that he'd be able to get us both jobs cuz he is already there. Not sure how it all works, but am willing to try. Don't want to endure another lengthy separation. And its really good money to be earned in a rather short amount of time. The BA in English is not going to make me rich and a MA in TESL isn't a cash-cow either.

See I've been checking out land in Alaska. Can get 20 acres for around 24K. Don't think that includes a house, but that can be built. I've got my own mountain man/carpenter/handyman/do-it-yerselfer and he can teach me what I need to do to help. So the money we make could go towards that dream. Or it could go towards the other dreams. Or just paying off more of the debt.

But I worry. I've got bad PMS today. And I've also thought about all the bad what-ifs that go with moving there. So we'll see. A change sounds appealing. I am not crazy about being a FT student again. Although, I am starting to dig on the research...data collection and analysis.

So now I will have to wait until I hear from him. I did check out the website of the company he is working for. Couldn't find any job openings for the Pole. Some available for the other locations on the ice, but not where my baby is. So just gotta wait it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>