Insignificant Insights

Going into the first year of fulltime HIGH SCHOOL teaching-- the question becomes, 'what will happen?' My trials and tribulations are as follows...

Sunday, April 11, 2004

Long time coming...

I have been crazy-busy and there is no sign of relief in sight over the next few weeks. How I hate the end of a semester. I have so much to do and no time to do it in. Briefly...
--we got a pup. His name is Picasso. He is a Husky and he is gnawing on everything he can.
--loving teaching; hating being a student. Definitely NOT looking forward to working on my thesis.
--being stressed by my mother...what else is new?!
--trying to find a decent hairdresser...been to 4 different ones in the past 11 months. Am trying another new one in a couple weeks. am considering going back to blonde. but for now, am reddish-purple with butterscotch streaks. I miss Chikako and the salon in Seta.
--trying to work out more and get off my ass... don't want to be a cow for the BF when he comes home.
--did my first "field experience" for teaching in Middle/High schools... I know for certain I don't want to teach in High School the hormones and angst are too much to revisit on a daily basis...been there. done that. don't care to relive it. Fortunately only one more "shift" at the high school.
--want to boycott doing the homework for my practicum class. the prof has made us TAs in the IEC do a bunch of assignments in addition to teaching our regular classes. All the other TAs that are working in other areas of the English dept don't have to do assignments for their practicums...seems rather unfair; besides its a P/F class. Perhaps I should talk to the prof about the "unfairness" of it all. See if that helps...can't hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>