Insignificant Insights

Going into the first year of fulltime HIGH SCHOOL teaching-- the question becomes, 'what will happen?' My trials and tribulations are as follows...

Friday, October 01, 2004

Is it good luck or bad luck?

I have this beautiful antique platinum diamond-encrusted ring that was a gift from my dad and mom upon returning from Japan. Well, about 5 months ago, the center diamond popped out of the setting while I was hammering a nail into the floor. This was back when we had a small puppy who got into everything. Well half hour after I discovered it missing I found the diamond just lying on the floor not far from where the nail was. So I finally got around to taking the ring to the jeweller's in July. It was fixed. Well today while I was at school filling out paperwork in the English Office, Sue, the IEC secretary commented on how pretty my ring is, at which point I noticed that one of the small (think a bit bigger than the head of a straight pin) diamonds was gone. I figured there was no way I would find it, as it was so tiny. But about 5 minutes later, I looked at the floor and there was something sparkling up at me. Sure enough, it was my diamond! So now my mom has told me I should only wear it for good, special occassions because she doesn't know ANY woman who has lost a diamond or two out of the same ring and still recovered the diamond! So would you say it was good luck or bad luck? I am opting for the good luck. She (mom) doesn't think I can be so lucky three times. So now my beautiful if slightly flawed ring sits in a plastic bag with the itty-bitty diamond taped to a piece of paper. Perhaps, its a sign of good things to come???

On another note....

the thesis is evolving. I have to try and get in touch with a student from last year to hopefully do a longitudinal study of him and his progress with the english language. Although, I think it might be interesting to study him and his progress as well as one of his (former) classmates. The classmate was older than him and more mature and serious. So it is still evolving. Fortunately I won't be defending it until summer 2006. So I've got some time.

Only 3.9 weeks til my David is scheduled to come home. Am getting eager!!! I am long overdue for a little bit of loving, as is he. Shall be an eventful homecoming I hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>